10 Ways To Spend Valentines Day In The QCA If You’re Single
Being single on Valentine's Day isn't really a big deal, you know. Yeah, you might feel a little disgruntled, seeing all those couples clinging to each other like ivy, but come on. You're young, free, and gorgeous! Whether you're flying solo or just not with your boo for the big day, you can still have a blast. C'mon singles, claim your Valentine's Day!
If you're looking for ideas on what to do in the Quad Cities on Valentines Day if your single, well friends it's Wes to the rescue. Strap in and hold on.
1. Head to the movies. Gather up your other single friends for a night at the movies. Be sure to pick something that's anti-romantic – no sappy chick flicks allowed! Be sure to get giant buckets of popcorn to share. FYI, 50 Shades Darker will be playing.
2. Host an anti-Valentine's Day Party. Go with a "Love Hurts" theme and use all black decorations. No flowers, no cards, no candy… just good food, good friends, and good drinks! Here's a link to the Nazareth song "Love Hurts."
3. Treat Yourself to a Spa Day. Get a massage, a facial, or a pedicure – alone or with some friends. Make yourself feel special and pampered! Click here for a good spot.
4. Get out of Town! Plan a special trip to some place you've always wanted to visit. It could be something as dramatic as a foreign cruise or as simple as a day trip- enjoy being able to just do something you and only you want to do. Here are directions to Galena, Ill from Davenport.
5. Have a Foodie Night. Go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant with other single friends. Treat yourself to some place really special, and get a delicious dessert – you don't have to share it! Here's a great idea.
6. Stay inside. Or, make it a night in to avoid seeing all the couples packing the restaurants. Rent a few movies, pop a big bowl of popcorn, and remind yourself that it's great being single - you get the couch (and the remote) all to yourself! Hello Redbox, or give a whole new meaning to Netflix and chill.
7. Have Family Fun. Got nieces or nephews? Be the "cool aunt or uncle" and volunteer to babysit. Take the kids to an indoor playground, and then go out to eat junk their parents never let them have. They'll love you forever! You can find fun for the kids here.
8. Enjoy Some Puppy Love. Volunteer at a local animal shelter. Try taking the dogs for walks - they will totally appreciate the attention. There's no better love than a happy puppy licking your face! Here's a list of dog parks.
9. Get Dressed to Impress! Get into your best outfit and go out to a hot new bar or club. Challenge yourself to strike up a conversation with five guys or ladies you'd never normally approach. Take a chance – you might introduce yourself to someone amazing! Here's a good one.
10. Get Physical! Get on your workout clothes and break a sweat. Go for a run, hit the gym, or take to the trails and hike. The endorphins released in exercise are almost as good as sex, so you'll feel great and look great, too!