Eat on the Hilltop and Save Some Cash
Main Street Iowa Restaurant Week starts Friday and runs through September 23. During this time participating restaurants in the Hilltop Campus Village will be offering discounts and special activities to tempt you to eat there.
With our stations located on The Brady Street Hill we work and play a lot in the Hilltop Campus Village. If you pay attention while driving along Harrison or Brady you'll notice many wonderful unique stores and restaurants which are worth checking out.
Here's a list of the participating restaurants:
- The Brewed Book, 1524 N. Harrison Street - A used bookstore and coffee shop.
- Donuts and More, 1717 Brady Street - A donut shop. They're offering a free regular donut with the purchase of any drink.
- Greatest Grains, 1600 Harrison Street - They offer sandwiches, wraps, bowls, salads and smoothies.
- Java Station, 1927 N. Main Street - A drive through coffee shop.
- LaMoreliana Ice Cream Shop, 1908 Brady Street.
- Lendi's Gyros, 1008 N. Harrison - A Gyro / Hot Dog place. They'll be offering two hot dogs or sausage dogs for $7.50.
- Mary Sue's Cafe, 1615 N. Harrison - 10% discount during Main Street Iowa Restaurant Week.
- McNeal's Southern Smokehouse- Rib Sandwich Special with a side of fries for $4.00.
- Redband Coffee - 110 W. 13th Street - Randomly give away two gift cards each day between September 14 and September 23 for Main Street Iowa Restaurant Week.
- Rock's Anchor Grill - 1526 N. Harrison Street.
I've tried some of these places like Donuts and More, Greatest Grains and Lendi's. Others, like Mary Sue's Cafe, I've seen on the ride to work and want to try. Main Street Iowa Restaurant Week gives me the perfect reason to try a couple of more. If you'd like more information on Iowa Restaurant Week and the Hilltop Restaurants the Quad City Times has a great article on it which you can find here.