Around the noon hour on Monday, an employee at Vintage Rose Antiques in Rock Island was preparing to repair some jewelry with a small torch when a leaky propane tank exploded. The blast injured three and caused significant damage to the building at the corner of 14th Avenue and 30th Street.

Surveillance video cameras captured the event, which the Rock Island Fire Marshall says is a teaching moment about the dangers associated with propane tank use indoors, and in general.

The size of tank was the same as what you would find on your grill, and its explosion resulted in enough force to push out both exterior walls on the building.

So, the next time you think about bypassing the soapy water test on your propane tank connections, watch this video first.

- Craig