Win New Wheels Official Rules – October 2018
WIN NEW WHEELS OFFICIAL RULES
Sweepstakes Name: “WIN NEW WHEELS”
Sweepstakes Dates: OCTOBER 1st 2018 – NOVEMBER 17TH 2018
Station: KBEA-FM (B100)
Station Address: 1229 Brady StreetStation City, State, Zip Code: Davenport, Iowa, 52803Station Telephone: 563-326-2541
Townsquare Media, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the "Company"), will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Sweepstakes/Participation.
1A. How to Win:
• Starting October 1st, 2018 through November 17th, 2018 KBEA will give listeners an opportunity to text in and qualify to win a late model used vehicle from Weber Auto Group in Silvis. One hundred (100) keys will be given away to qualifiers between the above dates.
• Ninety-Nine (99) keys will not start the vehicle. One (1) key will start the vehicle. KBEA-FM staff will test all keys prior to the contest to ensure only one (1) key starts the vehicle. The qualifier with the key that starts the vehicle will be the winner of the vehicle.
• KBEA will give a code word out each weekday at approximately 1:15PM CT and 4:15PM CT. Listeners will be instructed to text the code word to the “B-100 Hope’s Bridal and Prom text line” at 563-326-2100. One qualifier will be chosen at random from all entries with the correct code word. A total of sixty (60) qualifiers will be chosen using this method during the weekdays between October 1st 2018 and November 17th 2018. KBEA will also give out a code word every weekend between October 1st and November 9th. A total of ten (10) qualifiers will be chosen using this method on the weekends. Standard messaging rates apply.
• Thursday’s will be bonus days where KBEA will give a code word out at 8:15AM CT, 1:15PM CT, 4:15PM CT, 7:15PM CT. Listeners will be instructed to text the code word to the “B-100 Hope’s Bridal and Prom text line” at 563-326-2100. One qualifier will be chosen at random from all entries with the correct code word. A total of twelve (12) bonus qualifiers will be chosen on bonus Thursdays. Standard messaging rates apply.
• Listeners may also qualify to win a key during a weekly event at Weber Auto Group in Silvis. There will be a total of six (6) events, and six (6) keys given away through this method.
• Listeners may also qualify to win a key during weekly events at various McDonald’s locations. Locations will be revealed closer to the date of the remotes. There will be a total of six (6) of these events at McDonald’s, and six (6) keys will be given away through this method. Three (3) qualifiers will be chosen on-line at http://www.b100quadcities.com and Three (3) qualifiers will be chosen on the B100 facebook.
• Qualifiers may win a maximum of one (1) key to try and start the car. Once a person is a key winner they cannot acquire more keys/chances to start the vehicle.
• Qualifiers must attend our car giveaway remote at Weber Auto Group in Silvis on Saturday November 17, 2018. Qualifiers must be in attendance and checked in with KBEA-FM personnel by 10:45 AM CST. Failure to check in by the appointed time will result in the forfeiture of their qualification and they will have to enter as a last minute qualifier.
• KBEA-FM will choose “last chance” qualifiers during the car giveaway remote at Weber Auto Group. Listeners can qualify for this by registering for this random drawing at the event. Those who are already holding a key are ineligible to qualify again. The number of qualifiers chosen will be determined by the number of qualifiers who chose to forfeit their key by not showing up and checking in on time at the event.
• At 11:15 AM CST, fifteen minutes after the start of the remote qualifier’s names will be randomly drawn. Each qualifier will then choose the key they think will start the car.
• After all keys have been distributed, qualifiers will then have an opportunity to start the vehicle. This will be done in the same order as their names were pulled in the random drawing to pick their keys. The person whose key starts the vehicle wins the vehicle.
• In the event no key starts the vehicle, each qualifier will write their name on an entry blank and a random drawing will be conducted to determine which qualifier wins the vehicle.
1B. Technical Issues
Should KBEA have a technical issue resulting in a code word not airing or airing at the incorrect time, station(s) will forfeit participation in the sweepstakes for the day/time that the code word was indented to broadcast. Technical issues include but are not limited to computer error, human error, off-air transmitter difficulties. Station(s) and Townsquare Media Inc. will not be held responsible for technical issues.
• The grand prize is late model used White 2007 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ from Weber Auto Group in Silvis.
• Prize value is $18,472.
• Winner agrees to accept the vehicle as-is. KBEA-FM makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the prize, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Station hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties. However, Weber Auto will offer a 30 day Power train Warranty which will be good for 30 days from when the car is claimed by the winner.
• No substitute prize will be offered if winner chooses not to accept the vehicle. If winner chooses not to accept the vehicle, no alternate winner will be chosen.
In the event winner is unable to utilize a prize for any reason (including event cancellation), winner will forfeit the prize. Guest must be at least 18 years of age and must sign liability and publicity release.
3. Eligibility and Limitations
Participants & winner must be legal U.S. residents residing in the listening area of KBEA-FM (Illinois and Iowa) at least 18-years old as determined by the Company and reside in a participating Station’s Total Survey Area (“TSA”). Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize. Winners are subject to a verification process to include winner's name, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and social security number. If a winner is disqualified, Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner's prize, in its sole discretion. Only one (1) prize can be claimed per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes. Employees of the Company, the Sweepstake's participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as in-laws or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Delivery Disclaimer.
The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete an entry on website due to equipment malfunction, internet connection issues, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company's control, or otherwise. The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Entries must be made as detailed herein. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information.
By participating, all participants and winners grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other sweepstakes and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Sweepstakes to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes on a worldwide basis in perpetuity.
6. Release and Indemnity.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant and winner (i) waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the employees and agents of each (collectively, the “Company Released Parties”), the Sweepstake's sponsors, and their parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their respective employees and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Released Parties,” together with the Company Released Parties, the “Released Parties”), for any loss, claim or cause of action or personal injury which may arise out of the conduct of, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or from the use of any prize including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, software applications, mobile devices, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury (up to and including death) or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize, including travel, and (ii) agrees to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and does hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize supplier that are sent along with the prize. Each participant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Each participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver and release form provided by the Company.
Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. The Company and Sponsor reserve the right to withhold and deduct taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law. The winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Stations will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
Additionally, the winner is responsible for all taxes and fees incurred in accepting the prize. This includes sales tax, title and delivery fees on the vehicle, and will not possess the vehicle until paid in full or an agreement has been made with Weber Auto Group in Silvis. Taxes and fees are as follows:
Iowa Residents Must Have a valid Driver’s license.
• Tax: $923.60
• Title: $25
• Lien (If any): $10
• Plates: $63
• Doc Fee: $168.88
Illinois Residents must have a photo ID
• Tax: $1154.50
• Title: $95
• Plates: $101
• Doc Fee: $168.88
• EVR: $25
8. Conduct and Decisions.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Company's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPATION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company's release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the Stations and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed envelope. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of the Station during regular business hours, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with sweepstakes name to Townsquare Media 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. To request the name of the winners, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope with sweepstakes name to Townsquare Media 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. Requests for winners lists must be received within sixty (60) days of the end of the Sweepstakes dates first listed above.
10. Compliance with Law.
The conduct of the Sweepstakes is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Stations shall follow the applicable laws for conducting sweepstakes.