Avoid This List If Your Watching Your Waist Line
What's for lunch? Are you watching what you eat so your keeping with your New Year's resolution, or are you throwing caution to the wind and doing whatever you want, whenever you want? The average energy intake of 2,640 calories for men and 1,785 calories per day for women is within current USDA recommendations. However, since the majority of men and women in the U.S. are overweight or obese, many are eating more calories than they require.
Thrillist.com just worked with some dietitians to figure out the LEAST healthy item at every fast food chain. The "winners" are based calories, fat, salt, protein, and the ingredients. Check 'em out ...
1. Taco Bell: The DoubleDilla, which is a quesadilla with a ton of chicken and cheese. It's got 850 calories, 41 grams of fat, and 2,020 milligrams of sodium.
2. Burger King: Bacon King sandwich. 1,040 calories, 69 grams of fat, and 1,900 milligrams of sodium.
3. Wendy's: Dave's Triple. 1,070 calories and 30 grams of saturated fat.
4. McDonald's: Double Quarter Pounder with cheese. 770 calories, 45 grams of fat, and 1,310 milligrams of sodium.
5. KFC: Two-piece Extra Crispy chicken breast. 780 calories, 47 grams of fat, and 1,750 milligrams of sodium.
6. Panda Express: Chow mein. 510 calories, 22 grams of fat, and 980 milligrams of sodium. Even though it's a side dish, it has more salt than any of the other things on the menu.
Man, I'm hungry now. When do we eat? Don't forget your defibrillator.