Costco Shoppers Will Be Required To Wear A Mask Beginning Monday
If you are member at Costco, you'll need to start wearing a mask or facial covering starting on Monday.
In a press release on Wednesday, Costco announced updates and policy changes effective Monday, May 4th at majority of stores across the country. This is to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect their members and employees.
The press release says that all Costco members and guests must wear a mask or face covering that covers the mouth and nose at all times while in the wholesale store. Wearing a face mask or facial covering does not apply to children under the age of 2 or to individuals who are unable to wear a mask or face covering due to a medical condition.
Costco says that the use of a mask or face covering should not be seen as a substitute for social distancing, and asks customers to continue to observe rules regarding appropriate distancing while on a Costco premises.
Costco also announced in their press release other policy changes that take effect on Monday. Those policies include:
- All locations will also be returning to regular operating hours
- Select Costco warehouses are open from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., Monday through Friday for members ages 60 and older, and people with disabilities
- Only members who meet this criteria will be able to shop during these hours. Guests will not be admitted
- Costco pharmacy will be open, but the Costco Food Court will be closed during these hours
- Only have 2 people in the store for each membership card
- Except Kentucky and El Paso, Texas stores, where only 1 person is allowed inside per member.
Costco is also temporarily allowing priority access during all open hours for Costco members who are healthcare workers and first responders. Healthcare workers and first responders who present a Costco membership card and official identification of their role, will be allowed to move to the front of any line. Guests of any healthcare worker or first responder will not be admitted.
The only Costo location in the Quad Cities is located at 2790 East 53rd Street in Davenport.