Día de Los Muertos At The Figge Art Museum This Month
Free family fun is always a great thing! Free spooky family fun is the best thing. On Sunday, October 16th celebrate Día de Los Muertos, Day of the Dead, at the Figge Art Museum for FREE!
This is a great event to not only learn about Día de Los Muertos but also join in on the celebration. You can learn more here.
Join us on SUNDAY, October 16 as we celebrate Día de los Muertos, Day of the Dead, at the Figge Art Museum during our FREE Family Day. Honor the memories of loved ones through music, dance, food, and community. Step inside the museum to visit the exhibitions on view, along with the traditional altar on view in the Figge’s Quad City Bank & Trust Grand Lobby.
There is even a costume contest and celebration!
Come dressed as a Catrina to enter our costume contest and join our parade around the building. If you would like to share a picture and/or memory of a loved one who has passed, please email the information to FiggePrograms@gmail.com to be shared on our community altar.
Schedule of Events
- Noon – 5 pm: FREE Museum Admission
- Noon – 3 pm: Food, Crafts and Performances
- 1:30 pm: Quad Cities Ballet Folklorico
- 2:30 pm: West Liberty HS Mariachi Band: Los Cometas Mariachi
- Sidewalk Parade around the Figge Art Museum
- Share your Memories station
- Clay Calacas
- Take home a Sugar Skull
- Figge Art Museum 225 W. Second st. Davenport, Iowa 52801