The 2003 hit movie "Elf" starring Will Ferrell as Buddy the very tall human who thinks he’s an elf, is one of the most quotable films of all time. This is one of those classic movies that is watched every year. If you say you haven't seen it, people ask what's wrong with you. In honor of Christmas approaching fast, here is a list of 20 memorable quotes from Elf.
1. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."
2. "You stink. You smell like beef and cheese. You don’t smell like Santa.”
3. “I thought maybe we could make gingerbread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and - maybe even hold hands.”
4. "I'm a cotton-headed ninny muggins."
5. "We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup."
6. "SANTAAAA! Oh my God! Santa, here? I know him! I know him!"
7. "He's an angry elf."
8. "Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?"
9. "You sit on a throne of lies!"
10. "So Dad, I planned our whole day. First, we'll make snow angels for two hours. And then we'll go ice skating. And then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie Dough as fast as we can. And then, to finish, we'll snuggle."
11. "A song? Uh, yeah! Anything for you, Dad. [singing] I... I... I'm here with my dad, and we never met, and he wants me to sing him a song. And um..I was adopted, but you didn't know I was born. So I'm here now. I found you, Daddy! And! Guess what? I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOU!!"
12. "OWW! Son of a nutcracker!"
13. "I'm singing!! I'm in a store, and I am singing. I AM IN A STORE, AND I'M SINGING!"
14. "My finger has a heartbeat."
15. "This place reminds me of Santa's workshop. Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me."
16. "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed 11 cookies into the VCR."
17. “Wow, you’re fast. I’m glad I caught up with you. I waited five hours for you. Why is your coat so big? So, good news - I saw a dog today. Have you seen a dog? You probably have. How was school? Was it fun? Did you get a lot of homework, huh? Do you have any friends? Do you have a best friend? Does he have a big coat, too?"
18. "Does someone need a hug?"
19. "You have such a pretty face. You should be on a Christmas card."
20. "Bye, Buddy! I hope you find your dad."
Hopefully reading through these quotes brought a smile to your face, along with some nostalgia. Happy Holidays Everyone!
100 Interesting Facts About The Quad Cities You May Or May Not Know
The Quad Cities is filled with a very rich history. From inventions to crossing the Mississippi River, to American Presidents and Walt Disney, there are many facts about the Quad Cities that many people do not know. While there are many more stories and facts to share about the Quad Cities, you'll find in these 100 facts that all roads, somehow, lead back to the Quad Cities.