Illinois, Stop Doing These Weird Things on Dating Apps Right Now
The dating world is a mess and the apparent lack of originality could be one reason why.
Hello world, I'm Sarah, a single cat mom who rejoined the world of dating apps about a month ago. As I've been swiping through the men's profiles that pop up, it's so clear that there are just some patterns that prove that people get lazy when creating these things.
Nothing will make me click the 'x' faster than a lack of creativity so let's review my advice of what not to put on a dating profile if you want a date for Valentine's Day.
5. Saying anything about pineapples on pizza
I really don't care where you stand on pineapples on pizza, it's not a "hot take" at this point and it's not one I care to explore.
If the most interesting controversial opinion you can come up with involves pineapples on pizza, pick a different prompt question.
4. Lying About Age/Height
I have my settings set to find men older than I am and the profile of someone who claimed to be in his 30's popped up. He looked like a teen and his favorite food was listed as chicken tenders. Seriously?
Every girl has gone on a date with a man who has lied about his height. I went out with a guy recently who said he was 5'11" and unless I grew a few inches, I'm not sure that's the case. Literally, just say your actual height and age.
3. It's All Group Pictures
Don't do this to me. Don't make me guess which one you are out of a group of people. It's fine to have the pics of you in a wedding party on your profile to show you clean up well but please include at least one snapshot of just yourself.
2. Small Talk
Small talk is why I turned off dating app notifications on my phone. Ask about the backstory of one of my pictures or my prompts. That's why they're there. Anything super forward or just the awful "hey" isn't worth my time.
1. Pictures With Fish
I don't think I need to explain this cliche.
Honesty and creativity are what bring the zest to a dating profile. That's why you reach out to someone, because you're curious to know more! Double-check your dating profiles and make sure they reflect you well.
Join B100 At This Brand New, 5-Star, Adult-Only Resort In Mexico
- Dates: June 27-June 30th
- Flights: Nonstop flight from Chicago O'Hare to Cancun International Airport (return flights the same)
- You can send Gulliver's Travel Duck Creek in Bettendorf an email right now to B100@gulliverstravel.com and they automatically know to send you details about B100's trip to Mexico
- You can text message Gulliver's Travel Duck Creek in Bettendorf! Send the message "B100 Trip" to (309)-292-2354 and they'll reply back with information about our trip to Mexico!
- Finally, you can stop into Gulliver's Travel Duck Creek in Bettendorf at 874 Middle Road, Bettendorf, IA 52722 to talk with one of the great agents about the B100 trip to Mexico. They'll give you all of the details you need to know about your vacation with us! You can call them at (563)-359-6500 before heading to the agency.