It’s An Ice-Stravaganza in Davenport and it’s Free
Icestravaganza is back for its seventh year, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m Saturday, January 19, at the Freight House in downtown Davenport. 24,000 pounds of ice blocks will be transformed into cool (see what I did there?) works of art.
This year's theme is the Great American Road-trip.You'll be able to watch professional ice sculptors carve iconic American symbols from ice.
Icestravaganza is a FREE event for all ages from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., featuring:
- Live ice carving demonstrations
- Ice sculptures
- Kids’ activities
- Davenport Public Library Story Time
- Tons of photo opportunities (#IcestravaganzaQC)
- Extended Freight House Farmers' Market hours (8am to 4pm)
- Giveaways from Necker's Jewlers (two $500 drawings)
- Continue the fun at River's Edge Ice Arena & Indoor Skating Rink! Hosting a National Skating Day event (short skating lessons will be available)
The event will continue into the night with an 21 & over after party from 6 to 8 p.m. Icestravaganza After-Party Tickets are limited (200): $10 in advance or $15 at the door (your first drink is free with ticket purchase) featuring:
- A 20 foot western style saloon bar made of ice
- Front Street Brewery craft beer and Mississippi River Distilling Company signature cocktails
- Complimentary hor's d'oeuvres from The Diner and Antonella's Sicilian Pizzeria
- Dramatic ice sculpture lighting
- Live DJ
- Fire Dancers from QC Sol Fire
Event coordinators suggest you buy tickets in advance to skip the line when you arrive and guarantees you entrance to the After-Party (tickets sold out last year). Make sure you have plenty of room on your camera or phone to take photos.
After the sun goes down, the sculptures will be lit to make viewing extra spectacular so plan to share fun photos with friends and don’t forget to tag #IcestravaganzaQC! After the party follow the music to the Front Street Brewery Taproom starting at 8 p.m.
There’s more fun to be had in Downtown Davenport, Iowa-at the many shops, galleries, museums, bars and restaurants.