The Old I-74 Bridge Could Stop Service For Iowa Mediacom Customers
If you're a Mediacom customer in Iowa, you could be losing your service tonight for a brief period of time. No, it's not because a storm is rolling through. You can blame it on the old I-74 bridge. You forgot that was still standing, didn't you? Mediacom crews are planning on doing work tonight to take out some fiber cables which could force some customers on the Iowa side to lose service with the internet, phone, and cable provider.
On Wednesday, Mediacom sent an email to customers on the Iowa side of the Quad Cities letting them know that they could be losing their Mediacom services tonight.
In the email, Mediacom officials said that as demolition of the old I-74 bridge continues, Mediacom Communications is scheduled to disconnect network fiber attached to the old bridge and activate a new temporary fiber transport lines recently placed on the new I-74 bridge.
Mediacom will be conducting system maintenance between midnight and 6 a.m. tonight, June 9th. This system maintenance may result in a brief interruption to television, Internet, and phone services for Mediacom customers in Clinton, Jackson, and Scott counties.
If you're a Mediacom customer on the Iowa side of the Quad Cities area, officials say that following the maintenance services should restore automatically. In the event that doesn't happen, Mediacom says that a reset of your modem will normally fix any issues.
These are the steps to resetting your modem, according to Mediacom:
- First, unplug the power cord to the modem from the electrical outlet. If you have a phone modem, please make sure the backup battery is removed if you have one.
- Note: All lights including the power light will go dark once you have unplugged the power to the modem and removed the backup battery if applicable.
- If you have a separate router that is attached to your modem, unplug the power cord from your router.
- Wait at least 10 seconds and then plug the modem power cord back into the electric outlet and re-insert the back-up battery if applicable. Wait a few minutes for the modem to complete the reset cycle and connect to our network.
- If you have a separate router, plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and wait a few minutes for it to complete the reboot cycle.
- Test that you have restored services by checking for a dial tone or launching your Internet browser.
If following those steps still does not restore your phone or internet services, you can contact Mediacom at 1‑855‑633‑4226 for additional assistance.