Rock Island High School Students Got Sick From Pot Gummies Passed Out At School
Local News 4 reports that several Rock Island High School students became ill after eating gummy bears laced with THC on Tuesday afternoon. The gummies were reportedly passed out before the school day began.
"A student passed out gummy bears laced with THC before school started,” a Rock Island-Milan School District 41 spokesperson told Local 4 News in an email. “Later in the day, a few students began experiencing mild effects. The staff immediately took students to the nurses’ office to be taken care of."
School staff says the children were nauseated and were treated by the school nurse, but no one became seriously ill from the incident. One child was taken to their family doctor as a follow up.
The school adds that this is an "isolated incident" that is being investigated by the School Resource Officer, who will be punishing the student who passed out the candy.