This Iowa Airport Is One of the Worst for Holiday Travel
It's one of the most important parts of the holidays each year - travel.
Getting where you need to be on time without breaking the bank can make the difference between a magical Christmas or a holiday nightmare.
According to AAA, seven million of us are expected to take to the skies to celebrate with friends and family, and choosing the right airport can sometimes make all of the difference.
Based on on-time arrival performance and airfare price, Forbes has listed the worst airports in America for holiday travel and one Iowa airport is on the 'naughty' list.
Eastern Iowa Airport (CID) in Cedar Rapids is the fifth worst in the nation with more than five percent of flights delayed and an average ticket price of $436.27.
WORST AIRPORTS FOR HOLIDAY TRAVEL
- Westchester County Airport - White Plains, New York
- Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport - Anchorage, Alaska
- McGhee Tyson Airport - Knoxville, Tennessee
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport - Bozeman, Montana
- Eastern Iowa Airport - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Orlando Sanford International Airport - Sanford, Florida
- San Francisco International Airport - San Francisco, California
- Norfolk International Airport - Norfolk, Virginia
- Gerald R. Ford International Airport - Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Dane County Regional Airport - Madison, Wisconsin