Your Drink Could Be Killing You
If your favorite adult beverage is a Moscow Mule, keep reading. It could be POISONING you!
I recently had a Moscow Mule for the first time on a trip to Chicago for a baseball game with my good friend Christine. She made me a Moscow Mule but it was in a water bottle and not the traditional copper mug. That's the catch...THE COPPER MUG!
According to the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division and Metro, copper is not supposed to come in contact with acidic food or drinks. So basically, when you put the drink in the copper mug, the drink absorbs just a little of the copper in the mug and you consume it when you drink the drink. If you drink enough of them, you can end up with copper poisoning, causing fatigue, fainting, and depression.
Ok, well I'll have a nice craft beer instead.