5 Things You Can Do In The QCA To Make Your Spirit Bright
Sometimes I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays. My grandmothers would bake six different treats, decorate the house and carefully shop for our entire family. I've tried to imitate their efforts, but fall incredibly short. This year I've found a few activities happening in the Quad Cities that will hopefully take the 'bah-humbug' out of my mind and lift my spirits. Here are five holiday themed things to do this week.
1. Brew and View at the Putnam Museum. Enjoy a free craft brew, games, music, pizza and screening of "Scrooged," with ticket purchase, at the museum, 1717 W 12th St., Davenport. The Putnam hosts a Brew and View every third Thursday of the month intended as a night out for young professionals. Doors open at 5 p.m. and “Scrooged” will start at 7 p.m. Thursday. Tickets for the movie, are available at putnam.org/Calendar/December-Brew-View.
2. Christmas shopping in LeClaire. Walk around downtown LeClaire for any last minute gifts. You'll find decadent chocolates and sweets at the Shameless Chocoholic; just a few steps away from downtown on Jones Street. The truffles are amazing. Aunt Hatties Fanciful Emporium has a great selection of unique gifts and stocking stuffers for people of all ages. Razzleberries has gifts, clothing, ukelele's, coffee beans and a shop cat (he's not for sale).
3. Baked Beer & Bread Company is hosting a holiday beer and cookie pairing event this week. Taste craft beers paired with holiday cookies. The tasting starts at 6 pm Thursday at Baked On Tap, the taproom at 1117 Mound St., Davenport.
4. Symphony of Lights at Eagle Point Park in Clinton, Iowa allows you to drive through the park and see over 40 lighted displays, including 500,000 lights, castles, streams and a gingerbread lodge that fill a 1.1 mile loop of Eagle Point Park located off highway 67 North.
5. The Mississippi River Distilling Company in LeClaire has partnered with some downtown Davenport bars to host the "12 Drinks of Christmas." Now through Dec. 29. Try 12 different holiday-themed drinks, at Bix Bistro, UP Skybar and Viva. The partridge in a pear tree cocktail is made with gin, pear, cinnamon and lemon.The five golden rings is a bourbon drink with lemon and ginger beer. Those attending will receive an entry with drink purchase for a prize drawing to be held at the end of month.
I hope you enjoy some of the tastes, sights and sounds of the holiday season in the Quad City area. I'm going to try to bake fewer treats and go experience the season. Check out the list at the QC Times for even more holiday events.