15 Thoughts I Had While Watching Disney’s “Encanto”
Hi, I'm Sarah and I've had songs from Disney's hit movie "Encanto" swirling around in my noggin rent-free for days. I'm not a huge Disney buff and really watched the movie because of all of the chatter around it but here are 15 thoughts I had while watching the movie on Disney +.
A few spoilers ahead so if you haven't seen the movie yet, be warned. Here's the trailer:
- I want a candle with butterflies on it.
- Why does Mirabel's casita respond to her when my apartment won't bring me my shoes? Apartment??
- "The Family Madrigal" is the catchiest character exposition.
- Can anxiety be a gift? That would be mine. Especially having to walk to a door in front of the whole town, who's expecting a literal miracle. No thank you.
- The animators really flexed by making Mirabel's skirt swish so much and I am here for it.
- Luisa's song is one of the most relatable Disney songs I've heard in a long time.
- Must pause movie to get snacks.
- "We Don't Talk About Bruno" solidifies the fact that Lin-Manuel Miranda is a musical genius.
- Mariano's walk...is a strut??
- Can I also make a cactus flower punch my ex in the nose?
- Honestly. this disastrous family dinner is an example of why you can't tell cousins anything secret.
- Disney's back at it with the heartbreaking love stories that feature no dialogue. "Dos Oruguitas" deserves an award.
- There's the soft turning point, Disney! Mirabel's "gift" is that her grandfather sent her to help the family!
- This overly-caffeinated kid able to hammer multiple nails within 5 seconds is a mood.
- Aw Mirabel is magic! So cute, will sing these songs at random times of the day.
We're apparently all talking about Bruno since "We Don't Talk About Bruno" charted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts this week.
Disney's "Encanto" is now streaming on Disney +.
LOOK: Oldest Disneyland Rides From 1955 to Today
LOOK: Famous Historic Homes in Every State