Davenport Community Schools Kickoff Summer Meal Program
Davenport Community Schools will continue to provide free lunches this summer to kids during their summer meal program.
Beginning Monday, Davenport Community Schools are providing free lunches to students. According to their announcement, any child between the ages of 1 and 18 years old, may receive a meal at no cost. This summer meal program began today, Monday June 8th, and last through Thursday, July 30th.
Davenport Community School officials are reminding parents or students picking up a meal to simply open the trunk of their car so their meal can be placed in there, or anyone collecting a meal needs to leave a seat open when staff can place the food. This policy is an effort to help reduce contact and practice social distancing to protect the Davenport Community School District staff, along with the parents and students picking up a meal.
The child or children do not need to be present in the car, but the parent(s) or guardian(s) will be asked to provide the name of child/children, and the school they attend.
Below are the sites that will be handing out locations, along with the times staff will be handing out meals:
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Buffalo Elementary School – 1000 Jefferson St., Buffalo, IA
- Smart Intermediate – 1934 W. 5th Street
- Sudlow Intermediate – 1414 E. Locust Street
- Williams Intermediate – 3040 N. Division Street
- Wood Intermediate – 5701 N. Division Street
- Achievement Service Center – 1702 Main Street
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Progressive Baptist Church - 1302 E. 12th Street
- Fairmount Library – 3000 N. Fairmount Street
- Jefferson Elementary School – 1027 N. Marquette Street