Manly Men Unite.
I'd like to say I'm a pretty manly man. I can't build a deck, or change the oil in my car, but there are some pretty manly things I'm capable of. I can also cook (and not just pb & j), I clean, do my own laundry, and my own dishes. I'd say I'm pretty self-sufficient. There are times though, especially when my daughter is around, when I have to put manly-man aside and be a little softer. I'm not afraid to get down on the floor and play with her and her Monster High dolls, watch Ever After High on Netflix, or help her dress her American Girl dolls. I'm not so good at helping her do her hair...but I try. If you ask me, that's pretty manly.
A recent online survey asked guys to name girly stuff they WISHED they could do if it were socially acceptable. Here are the top ten answers:
1. Wear a dress or a skirt when it's hot out.
2. Wear leggings or tights when it's cold out. One guy wore them for a Halloween costume once, and says he wears them under his pants now if it's cold outside. Yoga pants and really short shorts were also popular, because they look comfortable.
3. Wear make-up to hide things like pimples and dark circles under your eyes.
4. Wear body spray or cologne that smells fruity, or like flowers.
5. Use the word "cute" more often. Guys feel like they can't say it, no matter how cute something is.
6. Wear more jewelry. Like bracelets and rings with huge gemstones.
7. Order fruity drinks at the bar without being judged for it.
8. Use things like facemasks to keep your skin looking good. Apparently just the FEAR of your friends finding out keeps guys from doing it.
9. Knitting or quilting was surprisingly popular. It's another thing guys want to do, but think their friends will make fun of them.
10. Carry a purse, so you don't have to keep everything in your pockets.