Quad Cities Businesses Offering Discounts For UAW Strikers
With the United Auto Workers union going on strike at John Deere for the first time since 1986, many local businesses are helping out the employees in whatever ways they can.
For some restaurants, that comes in the form of discounted and even free food. Other businesses are offering discounted services for the employees.
We've done our best to put together a list of places supporting the strike. If we missed any, let us know by sending us an email.
Remember, you have to show your UAW card to receive the discount.
Discounts for UAW Members:
- Jackyl and Electric Shock at The Rust Belt (Oct 19): Free admission to show
- The Pub (Milan): Free Pulled Pork Sandwich and pop every day until strike ends
- The Q (Bettendorf): BOGO Drinks until Strike Ends
- Rustic Barbershop (Moline): $5 haircuts
- Legends Corner (Milan): $8 burger baskets until strike ends
- The Captains Table (Moline): $2 cans until strike ends
- Fields of Pizza (East Moline): First beer is free, free chicken while supplies last starting at 3pm.
- The Bulldog Arms (Bettendorf): $1.50 domestic cans and $3.50 Fireballs until strike ends
- Tap 22 (Silvis): One Free Burger a Day until strike ends
- Live Action Games (Davenport): One Free Axe Throwing
- Gunchies (Davenport): Any Large Pizza for Medium Price and free drink until strike ends
- Sunlight Yoga (Davenport): One hour yoga session per day
- Doug's Heating and Air: Furnace service with discounted repairs and waived service call fees
Every day sees new businesses added to the list, so let us know when you hear of another supporting business.
Get our free mobile app
Museums Within Driving Distance of the Quad Cities
"There isn't a museum I won't go to. The stupider, the better."
Michaels' statement this morning sent us into a good hour of discussion about museums within driving distance of the Quad Cities. Our listening family has clued us in on little hole-in-the-wall museums we never even knew existed, and they're just a hop, skip and a jump away from us.
Here's our highlights.