Quad City Events Happening This Weekend
With St. Patrick's Day being on a Wednesday, we really get two weekends to celebrate, right? Either way, there are a lot of St. Patty Day celebrations throughout the QC this weekend.
One thing I must remind you about before you get your green partying on. Don't kiss random people because they say they are Irish or they are wearing a shirt that says so. Maybe just blow them a kiss instead... From 6 feet away.
If you're looking for a reason to get out this weekend besides to celebrate St. Patrick's Day things, today (Friday) and tomorrow is suppose to be great weather. High's in the upper 50's and sunny skies. Sunday when you're hung over, it's going to be rainy, cloudy and in the mid 40's.
We know you're really getting out and about this weekend in the QC to get your green on in celebration of St. Patty's Day. I know on the Iowa side it seems many bars are having specials, bands and more throughout the weekend to celebrate the Irish saint. I'm sure some bars on the Illinois side are doing the same, but make sure wherever you go this weekend, you are still masking up and being safe.
Of course this big St. Patrick's Day event going on this weekend is the 3rd Annual St. Patrick's Day Bash at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds. It kicks off tonight at 8 p.m. with live music. Tomorrow (Saturday), the fun begins at 11 a.m. with their first ever St. Patty's Day parade at 11 a.m., hosted by myself, Connor Kenney, and JT.
Here is more details about the MVF St. Patty's Day Bash and other fun events going on this weekend in the QC:
- 3rd Annual St. Patrick's Day Bash - Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds Fri.-Sat.
- Friday - Bands beginning at 8 p.m. and ending at 1 a.m.
- Saturday - First ever St. Patrick's Day Parade starting at 11 a.m.
- Kids activity zone in the Iowa Building, bands starting at 11:30 a.m. and lasting all day long, drinks, fair food, and much more green fun!
- Macs Tavern St. Patrick's Day - Saturday
- Green beer, Guinness, Jameson and yummy Irish food. The fun begins at 11 a.m. on Saturday morning.
- MVC Tournament - TaxSlayer Center - All Weekend
- The 2021 Women's Missouri Valley Conference Tournament started on Thursday and goes through Sunday, March 14th at the TaxSlayer Center. There are COVID-19 restrictions, but you can watch the tournament live on The Valley on ESPN (ESPN+). The league’s digital channel is also available through the ESPN App. Fans subscribe to ESPN+ for just $5.99 a month (or $49.99 per year) at ESPN.com, ESPNplus.com or on the ESPN App (mobile and connected devices). It is also available as part of The Disney Bundle offer that gives subscribers access to Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu (ad-supported) — all for just $12.99/month.
For more links to more events going on in communities in and around the QCA, click on the links below!
- Burlington - greaterburlington.com
- Cedar Rapids - tourismcedarrapids.com
- Clinton - clintoniowatourism.com
- Galesburg - gogalesburg.com
- Geneseo - geneseo.org
- Iowa City - thinkiowacity.com
- Muscatine - visitmuscatine.com
- Quad Cities - visitquadcities.com
- QCA Facebook Event
Hopefully you can find some safe fun this weekend in the Quad Cities! Have a great weekend, stay safe, and happy St. Patty's Day weekend!