Shipping Dealines For Holiday Season 2019
If you still plan on doing some online shopping, you need to pay attention to the holiday shipping deadlines!
Promocodes.com compiled a calendar to show the dates you need to know when to place your orders for your online shopping. No matter if you're ordering through FedEx, UPS, USPS or Amazon, you need to get a move on because Christmas is right around the corner and you need those presents there before the kids wake up Christmas morning! Check out the calendar below and what each date means below for all your holiday shipping needs!
[Info via Promocodes.com]
Amazon Holiday Shipping Deadlines
Amazon is known for their free 2-day shipping for Prime members and their free standard shipping for non-Prime members. The retailer is offering up free holiday shipping on top items up until the 24th of December for Prime members and 14th for non-Prime members.
Amazon key holiday shipping dates:
- Dec. 14 - Last day for free shipping by Amazon for non-Prime members on qualifying orders of $25 or more.
- Dec. 18 - Last day for standard shipping for non-Prime members. Items ship in 3-5 business days.
- Dec. 22 - Last day for free shipping on tens of millions of items for Prime members. No minimum purchase.
- Dec. 23 - Last day for free one-day delivery on over ten million items. No minimum purchase.
- Dec. 24 - Last day for free same-day delivery on qualifying orders of $35 or more.
Find out more about Amazon’s shipping on their website.
Note: Delivery times may vary based on the item and shipping speed, double check when your item will arrive in the shipping section of your shopping cart.
FedEx Holiday Shipping Deadlines
This shipping giant boasts the latest shipping date of December 25, with same-day delivery on Christmas Day! Customers may be able to get FedEx SameDay®, FedEx SameDay® City Priority, and FedEx SameDay® City Direct depending on the area you live in.
FedEx key holiday shipping dates:
- Dec. 9 - Last day to ship via FedEx SmartPost®, which does not provide day-definite delivery. Transit times are typically 2 to 7 business days within the contiguous U.S.,based on the destination ZIP code
- Dec. 13 - Last day to ship via FedEx Home Delivery® and FedEx Ground® to Alaska and Hawaii.
- Dec. 16 - Last day to ship via FedEx Home Delivery® in the contiguous U.S. and last day to ship via FedEx Ground® if you have a regular scheduled pickup or you drop off shipments at a staffed FedEx location. Transit times are typically 1 to 5 business days within the contiguous U.S.
- Dec. 19 - Last day for FedEx 3Day® Freight and Fedex Express Saver®.
- Dec. 20 - Last day for FedEx 2Day® A.M. and FedEx 2Day®.
- Dec. 21 - Delivery is available for FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, and FedEx 2Day for certain areas if Saturday delivery is selected. A $16 Saturday delivery fee will apply per package
- Dec. 23 - Last day for FedEx First Overnight®, FedEx Priority Overnight®, FedEx Standard Overnight and FedEx 1Day® Freight.
- Dec. 25 - Last day for FedEx SameDay® City Direct, FedEx SameDay® City Priority and FedEx SameDay®.
Find out more about FedEx holiday delivery on their website.
UPS Holiday Shipping Deadlines
If you’re planning to ship or shop at a retailer who ships via UPS, be sure to check the UPS Time and Cost calculator for delivery dates, cost and estimated shipping time. Be prepared to not get a refund if your package is late, The UPS® Service Guarantee for UPS Ground shipments, including shipments to and from AK, HI and PR, will be suspended from December 2-December 24.
UPS key holiday shipping dates:
- Dec. 13 - Last day to send some UPS® Ground packages scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, Dec. 24. This date is for the longest shipments. Check your shipment’s transit time at ups.com/ctc.
- Dec. 19 - Last day to send UPS 3 Day Select® packages scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, Dec. 24. This is the last day to prearrange pickup service for Air and international Air packages if needed on Dec. 24.
- Dec. 20 - Last day to ship UPS 2nd Day Air® packages scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, Dec. 24. All UPS Next Day Air® packages picked up today will be scheduled for delivery on Monday, Dec. 23 unless processed and labeled for Saturday delivery on - Dec. 21 - Saturday Delivery is not available to all ZIP codes.
- Dec. 23 - Last day to ship UPS Next Day Air® packages scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, December 24 with a UPS On-Call, or scheduled, Pickup, or by visiting a The UPS Store location or a UPS Authorized Service Location.
Get more information on UPS Holiday deadlines on their website.
Note: Shipping times will vary by both sender and receiver location. Check the Time and Cost Calculator to get your gifts delivered on time.
USPS Holiday Shipping Deadlines
Ol’ faithful, the USPS, has recommended the following deadlines for arrival by December 25, 2019. Customers should note that these are recommendations and not guarantees unless noted by the postal service. Ship your items by or ahead of the deadlines if you want your items to arrive by Christmas.
USPS key holiday shipping dates:
- Dec. 14 - Last day for USPS Retail Ground® (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Items typically ship in 2–8 Business Days. This is a trustworthy way to ship non-urgent deliveries and oversized packages.
- Dec. 18 - Last day for First-Class Mail® Service to Alaska. Dec. 19 - Last day for Priority Mail® Service to Alaska and Hawaii and last day for First-Class Mail® Service to Hawaii.
- Dec. 20 - Last day for First-Class Mail® Service (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Ship via First-Class Mail® for standard-sized, single-piece envelopes weighing up to 3.5 oz, and large envelopes and small packages weighing up to 13 oz with delivery in 3 business days or less.
- Dec. 21 - Last day for Priority Mail® Service for U.S (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) and Priority Mail Express® Service to Alaska and Hawaii. Priority Mail® packages usually ship in 1, 2, or 3 business days based on where your package starts and where it’s being sent.
- Dec. 23 - Last day for Priority Mail Express® Service (excluding Alaska and Hawaii)
Find out more about the USPS holiday schedule on their website.