Whitey’s Reopens Monday
You'll be able to get your turtle sundaes and custom malts and shakes again at Whitey's and we're a little excited about it.
The company announced it will reopen all stores except the Northpark Mall location on Monday, May 11 with curbside and drive-thru service. Hours of operation will be Sunday – Thursday, 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Friday/Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
According to their Facebook post,
"We have taken extreme caution in reopening to ensure the safety of our employees and customers. For additional information on how each store’s drive-thru is going to operate and more details on our reopening, read more here: https://www.whiteysicecream.com/2020/05/07/2097/
We are so excited to be back and doing what we love, serving the Quad Cities the best in the Midwest! Looking forward to a fantastic summer with all of our wonderful customers!"
All drive throughs will operate normally and at their website, Whitey's has posted photos outlining how other stores will adapt as drive ups and drive-thrus like this one on Locust Street and Marquette. Signs are posted with directions to enter on Marquette Street only. The lines will wrap around the building and orders/payment will be taken at the tent. If the line is full, there will be up to three lines.
You can see maps for other Whitey's locations here.
Whitey's says they've taken new precautions when it comes to cleaning and employee protection.
- Employees will be wearing masks at all times and will wash hands between each order.
- We will not be selling cones at this time. It is next to impossible to hand over a customer’s cone without contact with the employee so no cones will be sold. It will be cups only or Waffle Bowls (for $1.00 extra).
- There will be one or two employees assigned to handle the register at all times. No one else will handle payment.
- During busy times, there will be an employee outside handling traffic. If you have any questions prior to ordering, ask the employee in the vest or check our website for the menu.
- All surfaces, doors, high traffic areas will be cleaned regularly, with an employee designated for that purpose alone during busy times.
Whitey's says they are excited to be back and doing what they love; serving the Quad Cities the best in the Midwest. We're a little bit excited too.