A Davenport Hy-Vee Pharmacy Can Test You For COVID-19
Hy-Vee wants to help people see if they have COVID-19. The grocery store chain announced yesterday that they have started offering COVID-19 testing at certain locations. The good news is that one of those locations is right here in the Quad Cities.
In a press release on Tuesday, Hy-Vee announced that it has begun offering COVID-19 testing at 11 Hy-Vee pharmacy locations. Hy-Vee said that these tests are free and are given at a Hy-Vee pharmacy drive-thru testing process.
Unlike some test sites, people who do not have to have COVID-19 symptoms can be tested. Everyone wanting to get tested at a Hy-Vee location must register online to receive a test voucher number, testing site and appointment time.
The COVID-19 tests are being coordinated by eTrueNorth. People can get a COVID-19 test at following Hy-Vee pharmacy locations:
- Chariton Hy-Vee, 2001 Court Ave., Chariton, IA 50049
- Cherokee Hy-Vee, 1300 N. 2nd St., Cherokee, IA 51012
- Utica Ridge Hy-Vee, 4064 E. 53rd St., Davenport, IA 52807
- Iowa City Hy-Vee Drugstore, 310 N. 1st Ave., Iowa City, IA 52245
- West Des Moines Hy-Vee HealthMarket, 375 S. Jordan Creek Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- West Circle Hy-Vee, 4221 W. Circle Drive, Rochester, MN 55901
- Maple Grove Hy-Vee, 18755 70th Way N., Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Barry Road Hy-Vee, 8301 N. St. Clair Ave., Kansas City, MO 64151
- Kiwanis Avenue Hy-Vee, 2700 W. 10th St., Sioux Falls, SD 57104
- Omaha Hy-Vee Drugstore, 8404 N. 30th St., Omaha, NE 68112
- O Street Hy-Vee, 5010 O St., Lincoln, NE 68510
If you want to register for a test voucher number, visit www.doineedacovid19test.com/ and answer the questions and provide requested information to receive a test voucher number, testing site and appointment time.
You will then arrive at the specified test site pharmacy drive thru and provide either a printed voucher number or show the voucher number on their phone before given a test kit. A Hy-Vee pharmacy employee will provide the test kit and educate your on how to self-administer the test and will supervise the test.
After doing the test, you will then drop off their completed kit in a collection bin. The entire test process takes about five minutes.
After that, the Hy-Vee pharmacy collects all tests, which are then shipped to a lab. Results will then be sent to you via email within 3 to 5 days.
- Each location listed above is offering testing windows from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. or 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturdays.*
- *Saturday testing hours vary by location. Contact the pharmacy for details.