Dewitt Autumn Fest Looks to Show off Small Town Charm This Weekend
I've got a thing for small towns. The hospitality is different when you've known the clerk at your local store your whole life or when the mechanic is your best friend's brother. Bonus points if this small town plays Christmas music on speakers in the downtown area.
Dewitt, Iowa is one of those small towns that has a lot of charm and they want to show it off this weekend.
Haven't been to Dewitt?
Here's a good reason to make the trek up highway 61 and check out their 35th Anniversary Celebration of Autumn Fest.
On September 16 & 17, 2022 you can watch a movie in the park, (Disney's Encanto), a car show, live music, or maybe just hang out at the Tycoga Winery & Distillery for the day. They'll have food trucks, craft vendors, and plenty of great stuff for the kids.
Friday, Sept. 16
- Grab dinner at one of Dewitt's local restaurants.
- Enjoy a family movie in the park featuring, Encanto. Bring your coolers, snacks, blankets, and chairs. Cotton candy and popcorn will also be available.
Saturday, Sept 17
- Enjoy shopping and lunch in DeWitt
- Visit, Westbrook Park and hike the Paul Skeffington Memorial Trail.
- Check out the recently expanded library, which includes a massive kids' corner and hands-on, family activities.
- Take a short trip to Tycoga Winery & Distillery
Plus check out some live music from 3 Day Rain along with a beer garden in Lincoln Park.
The After Party
After Autumn Fest is over at 8 pm, Dewitt bars will have some more live music, beer tasting, and specials.