Here’s How To Be Caller 10 On B100
The B100 Days of Summer aren't over just yet, and we've still got plenty of prizes to give away to you! If you listen often, we appreciate you, and you probably know that more often than not, I'm looking for caller 10 when I run a contest.
Early this week, an article passed through my news feed with tips on how to be the winning caller for a radio contest. It's a bit old, given that it references MySpace (may she rest in peace), but a lot of it holds up!
Check it out here.
Now, allow me to debunk it for you:
- DO listen early and often. I will almost always tell you exactly what time I'm going to do a contest. Every once in awhile I like to toss in a surprise contest though.
- DO save our number, and set it as a favorite – it's 563-326-2100. This is also the number we'll call you from if you win an online contest. If you Google our number, you might find the business line first.
- DO wait until I officially say "call me now." I can't officially start counting callers until I turn off my mic.
- DON'T try and wait out the busy signal. If you hear it, hang up and call back! But if you hear a ringing tone, hang on for a minute; the phone doesn't actually ring in studio, it just lights up. If you hear the ringing tone, your call IS lighting up, I just haven't gotten to it yet!
- DO understand that have a 30-day rule. If you won a smaller prize in the last 30 days, it could prevent you from winning something big like Jonas Brothers tickets. Speaking of which...you have our app right?
- DO download our app. We do have app-exclusive contests. We'll also send you alerts when a contest is coming, so you can be on top of things!
That's all I got for now, but I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon!