More Snow… In April?! Friday To Bring More Snow To The Quad Cities
Even though it is officially Springtime in the Quad Cities, Mother Nature is trying to keep the Winter vibes around. We've already seen some snow reappear on the ground in late March, but more is expected to fall in April. While not a lot, the Quad Cities is expected to see more snow at the end of the week.
This is a perfect case of don't shoot the messenger. We're just letting you know what the weather is going to be like for two reasons:
- It is our duty as a radio station to keep you informed
- If you needed one more reason to move south
Yes, you read that headline right. We're expected to see more snowfall from the skies onto the Quad Cities area later this week. The bright side: it won't be a lot and most likely won't stick.
According to the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities, we're expected to see more unpleasant weather throughout the rest of the week. Officials say that temperatures are going to drop with the continued chances of rain and even snow showers.
We'll see daytime highs in the 50s drop down to the 30s and 40s for most of the Quad Cities area by Friday. Lows are even expected to drop back into the 20s by Friday night.
Make sure you tie down your outdoor furniture and decor because wind gusts are expected to get up around 30 to 35 mph.
The snow is predicted to be mixed in with snow showers Thursday night into Friday. Fortunately, snowfall totals Thursday night are predicted to be less than a half-inch. See the forecast for the rest of the week, according to the National Weather Service of the Quad Cities, below:
- A 30% chance of showers, mainly after 5 pm.
- Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 55.
- Breezy, with wind gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Wednesday Tonight
- A 20% chance of showers before 9 pm.
- Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Wind gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Showers are likely, mainly after 1 pm.
- Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Breezy with wind gusts as high as 25 mph.
- The chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Thursday Night
- Rain showers are likely before 11 pm, then rain and snow showers likely between 11 pm and 3 am, then snow showers likely after 3 am.
- Cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wind gusts as high as 20 mph.
- The chance of precipitation is 70% with new snow accumulation of less than a half-inch possible.
- A chance of snow showers before 10 am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 10am and noon, then a chance of rain showers afternoon.
- Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.
- The chance of precipitation is 30%.