WATCH: A Quad City Gets Moved Across The River Thanks To Al Roker
Is this a Pitbull situation all over again?! It appears to be that way. Recently, during a weather forecast, long-time TODAY Show weatherman, Al Roker, decided that Moline wasn't in Illinois anymore. Instead, he places Moline across the Mississippi River in the neighboring state of Iowa similar to what Pitbull did to Davenport in 2021.
Not Our First Time
• This isn't the first time: Back in 2021 at the Mississippi Valley Fair, everyone thought they heard Pitbull say "Davenport, Illinois". He kind of said that, but he for sure through a solid 'S' at the end of Illinois.
As we all know (except for Pitbull), the 'S' is definitely silent.
Al Roker Moves Moline To Iowa
• It's hot in Moline, Iowa: During the first weather check-in on the TODAY Show on Wednesday, November 3, 2022, long-time TODAY Show weatherman Al Roker was listing off cities in the Midwest that were going to reach abnormally-high temperatures for the second day of November. One of the cities listed on Roker's map was Moline.
• It's a bad graphic: Honestly, I blame the graphics department on this one. As you can see below, Moline isn't really where isn't supposed to be. Moline is sitting on the Mississippi River, if not a little more on the Iowa side. Roker is also listing off like 8 other cities and temperatures so let's cut the guy a break.
Hoda Corrects Al Because... She Lived In Moline
• Hoda lived in the QC?! Before Hoda Kotb went big time as an anchor on NBC's TODAY Show, Hoda's television career path included a stop in the Quad Cities.
• Quad Cities report: Hoda actually worked as a reporter at the Quad Cities ABC affiliate, WQAD. She was there from 1988 to 1989 before heading to Fort Myers, Florida for another television job.
WATCH: Al Roker Calls It Moline, Iowa
Take a look at Al accidentally saying Moline is in Iowa, and Hoda correcting him and telling the TODAY Show team how she lived in Moline.