You’re Most Likely to Crash at These Davenport Intersections
Driving in the Quad Cities can be a white knuckle affair. There's one way streets, narrow bridges, and when it's not cold and icy, there's construction slowing everything down. That doesn't even take into account the drivers more engaged with their cell phones than keeping their eyes on the road. And the potholes, did I mention the pot holes. Wow! That said, driving through some intersections can be way more hazardous to your health than others.
After an accident on Elmore Road in Davenport at the Cross Creek Apartment Complex Local 4 News did some digging and found some of the most dangerous intersections in Davenport according to the Iowa Department of Transportation:
- Muscatine County: U.S. 6 and County Road X54/ Moscow Avenue
- Davenport, Scott County: East Kimberly Road and Brady Street
- Davenport, Scott County: West 53rd Street and North Division Street
- Davenport, Scott County: Brady Street and East 53rd Street
- Davenport, Scott County: West 3rd Street and Cedar Street
- Davenport, Scott County: 53rd Street and Eastern Avenue
- Davenport, Scott County: I-74 and East 53rd Street
- Davenport, Scott County: West 4th Street and Gaines Street
- Davenport, Scott County: East Kimberly Road and Eastern Avenue
- Davenport, Scott County: East Locust Street and Iowa Street
I personally drive through or near four of the intersections on this list. I also see what passes for driving on some of these roads and it can be scary. What intersections or roads in the Quad Cities (it doesn't just have to be Davenport) would you put on the list?