A List of Quad Cities Construction Road Closures
Spring means construction season, and this year even more so as work on the new I-74 Bridge ramps up. Here is a list of some of the major road projects happening in the Quad Cities that could cause you delays.
- I-80 Bridge: The right-hand eastbound lane of the I-80 bridge in LeClaire will close today from 7:30am until 1pm while crews perform electric work.
- Centennial Bridge: Crews will close lanes intermittently on the Centennial Bridge between Rock Island and Davenport this week for inspections.
- 19th Street - Moline: The stretch of 19th Street from 12th Avenue to Avenue of the Cities in Moline has been closed for the entire summer and fall. The roadway will be completely rebuilt for use as a detour when I-74 itself is widened.
- I-74 River Drive off-ramp: The ramp from Illinois-bound I-74 into downtown Moline via River Drive will close April 4th for the month, reopening in early May.
- Middle Road - Bettendorf: Traffic will be reduced to one lane as crews rebuild sections of Middle Road in Bettendorf between 18th Street and Kimberly Road through July.
- John Deere Road - Moline: Traffic has been reduced to two lanes in either direction and re-routed to the eastbound lanes between 70th Street and I-74 for the summer as the westbound lanes are tore up and rebuilt. Access to westbound JDR from 38th Avenue via 38th Street will remain closed during this time.
Remember to zipper merge at all traffic chokepoints. As annoying as it may seem, its the right way to avoid longer traffic slowdowns in construction zones.
And slow down for the safety of our friends and neighbors on the work sites.