Doing THIS? It’s Official: You’re In A Relationship
When you're seeing someone new, what exactly is the cutoff point where you stop 'dating' and you're now in a 'relationship'? A new survey from DigtialHub found the average is about six weeks in. But don't wait TOO long to bring it up...
40% of people said they've waited too long to make the jump before, and the other person started dating someone else. But 42% also said they've tried to force it, and scared someone off. Here are the top signs you're ready to call it a 'relationship.'
- You confide in each other.
- You've stopped dating other people.
- You told your family about them.
- They're all you think about.
- You're constantly talking on the phone, or texting.
- You've started thinking about your future with them.
- You really do want to know how their day was. You're not just pretending.
- You told your friends about them.
- Your friends have MET them.
- Commitment doesn't scare you anymore. The survey also found 50% of us have really rushed it, and said "I love you" to someone we were just dating.