You Need To Check Your Hy-Vee Potato Salads Now
Hy-Vee has issued withdrawals for all potato salad varieties because of a presumptive positive microbial test result.
According to a Friday release, Hy-Vee is voluntarily withdrawing all varieties and sizes of Hy-Vee Potato Salad and Mealtime Potato Salad.
The expiration dates in question are between July 31, 2022 and August 4, 2022.
Here are the products involved in the withdrawal:
- Hy-Vee Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- Hy-Vee Country Style Potato Salad
- Hy-Vee Dijon Mustard Potato Salad
- Hy-Vee Green Onion & Egg Potato Salad
- Hy-Vee Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad
- Hy-Vee Diced Red Skin Potato Salad
- Hy-Vee Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Mealtime Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- Mealtime Country Style Potato Salad
- Mealtime Dijon Mustard Potato Salad
There are no other Hy-Vee or Mealtime branded salads that are impacted.
There have not been reports of sickness, according to the company. The withdrawal is due to a presumptive positive microbial result on the line that the potatoes were processed on. That actual result isn't expected to come in for about a week but because of the holiday weekend, Hy-Vee decided to go ahead and withdraw all of its potato salads now, pending final test results.
If your potato salad is any of the above, in any size, and in the expiration date range, you are asked to not eat it and either throw it away or take it back to Hy-Vee for a full refund. (And come up with another 4th of July sidedish)
If you have more questions about the withdrawal, you can reach out to Hy-Vee at firstname.lastname@example.org.