You Can Now Order The Coffee They Drank In FRIENDS
It seems like it doesn't matter how hot it is outside; if you're a coffee drinker, you need a warm mug of java in the morning (unless you drink iced coffee). And, as of today you can have famous coffee every morning – straight from one of New York's finest fictional coffee shops, Central Perk!
The institution was iconic on FRIENDS, and many fans have long wished for a way to actually go there. Warner Brothers offers tours, but that's a long way from the Quad Cities. So, they're bringing the coffee to you.
In honor of the show's 25th anniversary, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf now offers Central Perk Medium Roast, Central Perk Dark Roast, or a black tea simply named Central Perk Tea. Odds are, you haven't heard of this place, right? Well that's because it's based in Los Angeles.
But you can order the coffee brews online and have them sent to you here in the Midwest!
If you ever do find yourself out in L.A., you can stop in a shop in person and order one of these other specialty drinks based on the show. Here's how each one tastes according to EW.
- The Joey (Mango Cold Brew Tea) – The sweet, juicy flavor of mango pairs with a fruity cold brew tea for an enticing and seductive treat that is sure to turn heads just like Joey Tribbiani’s and ask, “How you doin’?”
- The Monica (Midnight Mocha Cold Brew) – Cold brew perfection is here. Rich, dark chocolate syrup combined with our bold, 20-hour steeped cold brew creates precisely balanced flavors of coffee and chocolate for perfectionists like Monica Geller.
- The Rachel (Matcha Latte) – Indulge yourself like Rachel Green, with the lightly sweetened blend of ceremonial grade matcha with our silky vanilla powder and milk. Perfect for the trendsetters and matcha enthusiasts alike.
- The Ross (Classic Flat White) – No awkwardness here, this beverage is sophisticated and sleek, just how Ross Geller wants to be. Freshly pulled espresso shots finished with lightly aerated milk, makes for a sweet, velvety refreshment. Get ready to be taken seriously.
- The Chandler (Caramel Coconut Latte) – It won’t be hard to commit to this drink. A blend of creamy coconut and toasted caramel infused with our extroverted espresso that not even Chandler Bing can say no to.
- The Phoebe (Cookies and Cream Ice Blended) – The combination of sweet, creamy vanilla, a splash of espresso and chocolate cookie pieces that is guaranteed to put a pep in your step and have you singing just like Phoebe Buffay.