Bettendorf’s Newest Tavern Has a Super Fun Cocktail Menu
A new tavern has opened up on 53rd Avenue in Bettendorf and it's ready to serve up the drinks.
It's called Oak Grove Tavern, and you'll find it at 4371 53rd Ave. in Bettendorf. It's in week two of the soft openings. The bar serves only drinks but they allow outside food to be brought in (though they do have a popcorn machine, scroll down to see pics).
I went to check out Oak Grove and see what the chatter was about. You can scroll down to see pics of the place but one of the first things I noticed was the witty cocktail menu. It features drinks like:
- We Don't Talk About Mojito
- Come on Barbie, Let's Go Party (I had that one. Smirnoff Pink Lemonade + fresh lime juice + cherry soda + gold sprinkles and a cotton candy garnish. It tasted like fresh pink lemonade and I could've had five.)
- Whiskey Business
- The Surfbort
- Strawberry Whiskey Glasses
- Body-ady-ady-ady-ady (a skinny margarita, my second choice)
- Talk Dirty to Me
- You Down With OGB (an everything bagel bloody mary)
It also has its own selection of mules and margaritas, my favorite is named 'A Little Bit of Rita's All I Need'.
If cocktails are not your jam, they have domestic beers, craft and import, seltzers like White Claws, wines, and champagne.
They also have weekly live music.
Their grand opening date is still TBD but you can keep up with their latest on their Facebook page. Scroll down to see the pics of Oak Grove Tavern!