WATCH: Andi Rappels Down 11 Stories For Big Brothers Big Sisters
Today's the day! At 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 24th, I am rappelling down the Hotel Blackhawk. It's 11 stories high, which works out to 140 feet. I'm doing this on behalf of B100 to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Mississippi Valley.
The work they're doing with kids in the area is so important, and gets real results. Their official mission is "to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever."
Connecting these children with mentors not only gives them a friend to look up to, but it also improves their quality of life. Some quick stats off the organization's website:
- 71% of children improve in at least one subject area, 32% improve in 3 or more subject areas
- 65% have improved and healthy relationships with their peers and adults, including their parents
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school.1
We love that they give back to the community and are excited to help out! Watch Andi's rappel: